Union Pacific Distribution Services (UPDS), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Union Pacific Railroad, is a logistics operating company specializing in services that feature transportation via rail. UPDS provides seamless, door-to-door packages for movement of bulk commodities, industrial products and merchandise freight. The UPDS intern program enables talented students a way to develop financial and operational skills in a "real world" environment, gain exposure to transportation services and financial processes. Year-round internships are available in the Marketing and Sales or Operations department for undergraduates (junior status).
- The year-round intern will work in the Carload Solutions area within Union Pacific Distribution Services with an assigned project of developing our off-line network. This project focuses on key market growth areas while streamlining our overall effectiveness for improved customer service. Successful applicants can look forward to a challenging experience as a member of the UPDS team. Interns work a maximum of 20-25 hours per week during the school year and 40 hours per week during vacations and the summer months.
- College credits equivalent to three years towards an undergraduate degree junior status in undergraduate program, or first year MBA
- Basic time management skills
- Basic planning and organizational skills
- Basic interpersonal skills
Union Pacific supports diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer inclusive of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.