Working at Horizon Pharma is more than a job - it's personal. We define success by a different set of numbers: the number of lives touched, the number of lives changed, the number of lives saved. We're a team of agile, out-of-the-box thinkers who are inspired to do more because we know we're a part of something bigger. We strive to build meaningful careers at a company whose values we share because when we live up to our potential, we help patients live up to theirs.
The Horizon Pharma Internship Program offers aspiring professionals an opportunity to build a strong foundation of business acumen, technical skills, and knowledge about the pharmaceutical industry. We are committed to providing program participants with experience-based learning, multidimensional assignments, targeted training, and continual coaching and development.
- Support the procurement team in the execution of indirect procurement process; obtain a broad understanding of how the organization sources and manages external partners.
- Provide analytical support and facilitate activities that ensure the efficient and productive operational flow of indirect business requirements.
- Perform receipt and invoice reconciliation in order to solve purchasing issues including blocked invoices.
- Assist Category Management in driving comprehensive cost analysis and total cost modeling.
- Deliver rigorous analysis of spend data and industry dynamics to help identify cost improvement opportunities and scope and prioritize new procurement initiatives.
- Work closely with Category Management to improve and develop data analytics to drive stronger negotiating during the sourcing process.
- Record project-related savings and data required to feed procurement's key performance indicators.
- Work across the business with internal stakeholders involved in operational procurement including legal, functional owners and Category managers.
- Assist implementation of E-Procurement software and solutions.
- Complete and present a milestone project that addresses current topics in the industry.
- Strengthen communication and writing skills.
- Gain experience working in a professional corporate environment.
- Participate in ad hoc projects and tasks as needed.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Currently attending a 4-year undergraduate program, or working towards a Master's degree.
- Declared major in Finance, Business Management, Supply Chain, Purchasing, or related field required.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Professional demeanor.
- Self-starter attitude.
- Must be a strong collaborator with ability to work collectively or independently.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to plan/lead and manage multiple initiatives under tight timeframes with a sense of urgency.
- Analytical and problem solving skills; ability to perform qualitative and quantitative analyses.
- Technology-savvy; experience with SAP or other major ERP system is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Essential Core Competencies:
- Action Oriented
- Problem Solving
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Priority Setting
- Drive for Results
- Strategic Agility
- Intellectual Horsepower
- Dealing with Ambiguity
Horizon Pharma plc does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. It is our intention that all qualified applications are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. Any individual, who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing this application or at any time during the application process, should contact the Human Resources Department.
Horizon Pharma, Inc. is a government contractor subject to Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, as amended. As a government contractor, Horizon Pharma, Inc. is required to take certain affirmative action to employ qualified minorities, women, disabled individuals, special disabled veterans, and certain veterans. As part of Horizon’s affirmative action obligations, Horizon is required to collect data concerning the race and gender of its applicant pool.
Submission of this information by applicants, however, is voluntary, and you will not be subject to any adverse treatment if you choose not to provide the information. Horizon maintains a policy of considering all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.